13th March- News & Current Affairs Update
Editorial Team 13-03-2016
- Govt has allowed induction of women officers in combat roles in all five Central Armed Police Forces.
- Malaysia has baned the recruitment of foreign workers after protests over plans to recruit 1.5 million people from Bangladesh.
- In a development that concerns India, the China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) will be deployed in Pakistan to protect the China–Pakistan Economic Corridor that connects the Chinese-operated Gwadar Port in Balochistan, Pakistan to China's Xinjiang region.
- Hundreds of thousands protest in Brazil's major cities againstthe weak economy and political corruption and call for President Dilma Rousseff's impeachment.
- Regional elections took place in the German states of Baden-Württemberg, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saxony-Anhalt. As per the exit polls, the conservative party of German Chancellor Angela Merkel has suffered defeats in two of three states holding regional elections.
- British Keyboardist and progressive rock legend Keith Emerson died on 10 March 2016. He was 71.
- Netherlands beat Ireland by 12 runs in rain-hit World T20 qualifier. Scores: Netherlands 59-5 in 6 overs, Ireland 47/7 in 6 overs.
- Bangladesh beat Oman by 54 runs in rain-hit World T20 qualifier. Scores: Bangladesh 180-2 (20 overs): Tamim 103* Oman 65-9 (12 overs).
- Lin Dan earned his sixth All England badminton title when he routed Chinese teammate Tian Houwei 21-9, 21-10 in the final.
- Nozomi Okuhara of Japan won the All England badminton championships title after beating two-time champion Wang Shixian of China 21-11, 16-21, 21-19 in a thrilling final on Sunday.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- Former Goldman Sachs Director Rajat Gupta released after completing 2-year prison term