25th FEB- News & Current Affairs Update
Editorial Team 25-02-2016
- New Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Kalikho Pul on Thursday proved his majority on the floor of the assembly with the support of 40 MLAs.
- The HCU doctor, Dr M Rajshree , has disputed the claim made by HRD Minister Smriti Irani that the Doctor Was stopped from examining Rohith.
- Bollywood actor Sanjay Dutt, was released from prison after serving his sentence for connection with the 1993 serial blasts case.
- The home ministry has decided to extend e-tourist visa scheme to 37 more countries from Friday, taking the total number of beneficiary countries to 150.
- The Ukrainian military has retaken control of the strategic village of Shyrokyne, near the port city of Mariupol, after Russian-backed separatists pulled out.
- Austria–Greece relations- Greece has recalled its ambassador to Austria in response to Austria's hosting of a meeting with Balkan states about European migrant crisis policies.
- Jamaican general election, 2016-Voters in Jamaica go to the polls for a general election.
- Sri Lanka beat UAE by 14 runs in the 2nd match of the Asia Cup T20 tournament. Score Sri Lanka: 129 for 8 UAE: 115 for 9.
- Manchester City beat Dynamo Kiev 3-1 in the Group of-16 first-leg win on Wednesday.
- PSV Eindhoven held on for a goalless draw at home to Atletico Madrid in the first leg of their Champions League last-16 tie.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu presented Rail Budget in which fares and freight rates were left untouched but promised to cut cost and exploit new sources of revenue beyond tariff .
- Japan's Sharp Corporation has accepted a 700 billion Japanese yen ($6.2 billion) takeover bid from Taiwan's Foxconn Technology Group.
- Vijay Mallya has resigned as USL chief after reaching a deal with Diageo under which he will be paid Rs 515 crore.