29th Jan-National, International and Sports News Round-up
Editorial Team 29-01-2016
- The Supreme Court will hear in open court on February 2 a curative petition of gay activists challenging its verdict criminalising homosexuality in the country. The Supreme Court will hear in open court on February 2 a curative petition of gay activists challenging its verdict criminalising homosexuality in the country.
- Govt has announced the list of 20 cities to be developed as Smart cities. Bhubaneswar tops the list.
- Goa Govt has stalled the release of Godse book on Gandhi’s death anniversary ‘Nathuram Godse - The Story of an Assassin’ by Anup Sardesai, the writer of the book titled.
- Japan places its military on alert over a possible North Korean ballistic-missile launch after detecting "increased activity" at a North Korean missile site.
- Tareena Shakil, UK woman, has been found guilty of taking toddler to join Islamic State in Syria
- India beats Australia in Second T20 by 27 runs, win the series 2-0 with one match to go.
- Andy Murray overhauled Milos Raonic 4-6, 7-5, 6-7(4), 6-4, 6-2 on Friday to book another Australian Open final against Novak Djokovic
- he 61st National School Athletic championships kick started at Olympian Rahman Stadium, in Kozhikode in Kerala
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- The Bank of Japan adopts a negative interest rate policy to support the economy.
- U.S. corporation Xerox announces it will split into two companies, separating its business process outsourcing line from its legacy business, document technology.
- Mexico launches a wholesale telecoms network tender today