5th March- News & Current Affairs Update
Editorial Team 05-03-2016
- Little known orgnaistion Purvanchal Sena has put up posters announcing a "reward" of Rs 11 lakh for anyone who "shoots down" JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar.
- Aligarh Muslim University, its Vice-Chancellor, Zameer Uddin Shah, met PM Narendra Modi to seek his support on the issue of the minority character of the university .
- The Philippines has impounded a North Korean cargo ship in line with new UN sanctions on North Korea in response to Pyongyang's recent nuclear test and missile launch.
- Protests raged outside the Istanbul headquarters of the Zaman newspaper which has been taken over by the Turkish government. Police use teargas to disburse people.
- Ben Carson has ended his White House bid after a series of poor results in the Republican Party’s primary elections. Now there are only four candidates in the Republican presidential race.
- Patna Pirates won the third season of Pro Kabaddi by beating U Mumba with a score of 31-28 in the finals.
- Indian men's and women's team scripted history by clinching the gold medals at the World Table Tennis Team Championship with superb victories over Luxemburg and Brazil respectively in Kuala Lumpur on Saturday.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- The investigation wing of the Competition Commission of India (CCI) has found Apollo Tyres, MRF, CEAT, JK Tyres and Birla Tyres guilty of cartelization.
- PM Narendra Modi has asked Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley to reconsider the budgetary proposal of taxing PF withdrawal.