6th March- News & Current Affairs Update
Editorial Team 06-03-2016
- The one-man judicial commission of inquiry on the 2013 Muzaffarnagar communal riots has blamed intelligence failure and laxity on the part of police for the riots. The report is silent on the role of the Akhilesh Yadav govt.
- The ruling Samajwadi Party won 23 out of 28 local bodies seats of the state legislative council while BJP, drew a blank.
- Former First Lady of the U.S. Nancy Reagan dies at age 94.
- North Korea has threatened a pre-emptive nuclear strike against South Korea and the United States in response to their annual joint military exercise.
- Iranian billionaire Babak Zanjani has been sentenced to death on charges of withholding billions in oil revenue channeled through his companies.
- Benin is voting in the polls for the first round of voting in a presidential election. A total of 33 candidates are vying to replace current President Thomas Yayi Boni.
- In the Republican Presidential nomination race in USA, Texas Senator Cruz scored decisive wins in the Kansas and Maine caucuses while Trump recorded wins in the states of Louisiana and Kentucky.
- In the Democrat Presidential nomination race in USA, Hilary Clinton, won Louisiana, while Senator Bernie Sanders in Kansas and Nebraska.
- India won the Asia cup by beating Bangladesh by 8 wickets in the finals. Score Bangladesh: 120/5 in 15 Overs India 122/2 in 13.5 Overs.
- Australia defeated South Africa by 7 wickets in the second T20. Score South Africa: 204/7 Overs India 205/5 in 20 Overs.
- Li Xuerui and Lin Dan won the Yonex German open Badminton title for the women and men category respectively.