10th March- News & Current Affairs Update
Editorial Team 10-03-2016
- The Art of Living founder Sri Sri Ravi Shankar said that he would rather go to jail than pay the fine imposed on his organisation by the National Green Tribunal(NGT) for environmental violations over a cultural extravaganza on the floodplains of Yamuna.
- A Supreme Court judge, Justice V Gopala Gowda, has recused from hearing appeals pertaining to dropping of criminal conspiracy charge against L K Advani, Murli Manohar Joshi, Uma Bharti and other BJP & VHP leaders in the Babri Masjid demolition case.
- ISRO has successfully launched India's sixth navigation satellite into orbit .
- Union Government has appointed former Supreme Court judge Balbir Singh Chauhan as the chairperson of the 21st Law Commission.
- Venezuela recalls its chargé d'affaires from its Embassy in Washington, D.C. after U.S. President Barack Obama renewed a decree imposing sanctions on several top Venezuelan officials.
- The Irish Dáil Éireann (parliament) has failed to elect a new Prime Minister with incumbent Enda Kenny carrying on as a caretaker.
- Afghanistan defeated Hong Kong in the third T20 by 6 wickets. Hong Kong 116-6 in 20 overs (Ryan Campbell 27)Afghanistan 119-4 in 18 overs (Mohammad Shahzad 41)
- Zimbabwe defeated Scotland in the third T20 by 11 runs. Zimbabwe: 147/7 in 20 overs (Sean Willians 53), Scotland: 136 in 19.4 overs (Richie Berrington 36).
- Rest of India won the Irani Cup Cricket title. In the match played in Mumbai, Rest of India defeated 41-time Ranji Champions Mumbai by four wickets. scores: Mumbai-603 and 182; Rest of India - 306 and 482 for 6
- Bangladesh fast bowler Taskin Ahmed and left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny have been reported for suspect actions. Both players can continue bowling until the results of testing are known.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- 'The Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015' seeking to regulate the real estate sector and bring in transparency and protect consumer interests was passed by the Rajya Sabha on Thursday.