13th FEB-National, International & Sports News Round-up
Editorial Team 13-02-2016
- India summons the U.S. Ambassador to India Richard Verma over the U.S. decision to sell more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan.
- Indian army killed five suspected Lashkar-e-Tayiba terrorists while losing two soldiers during an overnight encounter that ended on Saturday in Kupwara district of Kashmir
- Congress and the Dravida Munnetra Kazhagam on Saturday decided to come together to fight the upcoming assembly polls in the state.
- Poet-lyricist and Jnanpith awardee ONV Kurup passes away. He was 84.
- Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan on 12 February 2016 concluded his 3-day visit to India.
- Saudi Arabia is sending troops and fighter jets to Turkey's Incirlik Air Base ahead of a planned ground invasion of Syria.
- Adam Voges has surpassed Tendulkar's 12-year-old record for most runs between dismissals after he scored 178 NO against New Zealand in first test.
- Bangladesh defeated over Sri Lanka three-wicket to finish third in the International Cricket Council Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2016. Scores: Sri Lanka 214 all out, Bangladesh 218-7, 49.3 overs.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- The Union Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) has ordered the merger of the crisis-hit National Spot Exchange (NSEL) with its cash-rich parent Financial Technologies (FTIL) to enable early settlement for the victims of a Rs 5,574-crore payment crisis.