14th March- News & Current Affairs Update
Editorial Team 14-03-2016
- Former Maharashtra deputy CM Chhagan Bhujbal was arrested by the Enforcement Directorate in connection with its probe in a money laundering case registered against him and others.
- The JNU has issued show-cause notice to 21 students after an inquiry panel found them "guilty of violating" norms in connection with the event on campus against hanging of Afzal Guru.
- Thirty five FTII students were on Monday listed in a chargesheet for allegedly gheraoing and illegally confining the institute's director Prashant Pathrabe last year.
- Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi has been issued a notice by the Ethics Committee of Parliament chaired BJP veteran Lal Krishna Advani seeking his response on allegations related to declaration of his citizenship in the United Kingdom.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin has withdrawal of Russian Armed Forces from Syria, saying that the objectives have been generally accomplished.
- North Korea's supreme leader Kim Jong-un has said that his country will soon conduct a nuclear warhead test and test launch ballistic missiles capable of carrying nuclear warheads.
- Defending champions Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis crashed out of the Indian Wells Masters after suffering a shock 2nd round defeat at the hands of American-Russian duo of Vania King and Alla Kudryavtseva 7-6(7), 6-4 .
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- Crompton Greaves crashed as much as 73 per cent to Rs. 40.5 on Tuesday following the demerger of its consumer business. From today, Crompton Greaves shares will reflect only its power business