15 Amazing Space Facts
Our planet, Earth, beautiful, delicate, yet seemingly massive and powerful to it's inhabitants. It remains full of mystery with history that we have yet to uncover and new species yet to be discovered. Oceans cover 70 percent of the Earth's surface, yet 95 percent of this remains unexplored and unseen by human eyes. Though our planet is magnificent in it's own right, it pales in comparison when compared to some of the vast wonders in our solar system, our galaxy and the universe. Mans fascination with space is a continuation of our collective desire to explore the unknown. So expand your knowledge of the universe with 15 of the most spectacular, immense and mind blowing facts straight from outer space.
15. A neutron star is so dense that one teaspoonful would weigh a billion tons.
14. An estimated 825 million stars are born every day.
13. Space has its very own magnifying glass.
12. Our galaxy, the Milky Way,
11.The very farthest galaxies are spreading away from us at more than 90% of the speed of light. Galaxies,
10.There is a supermassive black hole right in the middle of the Milky Way galaxy that is 4 million times the mass of the Sun.
9. Our star, the Sun, makes up 99% of all the mass in our Solar System.
8. On Titan the atmosphere is so thick and the gravity so low that humans could fly through it by flapping wings attached to their arms.
7.The Apollo astronauts footprints on the Moon will probably stay there for at least 100 million years.
6. The middle layers of space suits are blown up like a balloon.
5. The largest asteroid ever recorded is a mammoth piece of space rock named Ceres.
4. All of space is completely silent.
3. 33 light years away, there is a planet that is completely covered in burning ice.
2. Life is known to exist only on Earth, but in 1986 NASA found what they think could be fossils of microscopic living things in a rock from Mars.
1. Shooting stars really exist.