28th FEB- News & Current Affairs Update
Editorial Team 28-02-2016
- A sedition case was lodged against Rahul Gandhi , Arvind Kejriwal,Sitaram Yechury, Anand Sharma and Ajay Maken, D Raja, KC Tyagi, JNUSU president Kanhaiya Kumar and JNU research scholar Umar Khalid on the order of a court in Hyderabad.
- National Science Day was observed across India on 28 February 2016. The theme for the National Science Day 2015 was Science for Nation Building.
- Union Government has approved the Constitution of Banks of Board Bureau. The Bureau constituted with an aim to improve the Governance of Public Sector Banks (PSBs) will be chaired by former CAG Vinod Rai. In addition to the Chairperson, the autonomous body will have ex-officio members and three expert members.
- Swiss citizens vote on a referendum that would automatically expel foreigners who commit two minor crimes. Current law calls for deportation of non-citizens convicted of murder or sexual violence.
- British Prime Minister Cameron burnished his pro-EU pitch on Sunday by claiming that leaving the 28-state bloc would be “the gamble of the century”.
- Bangla Desh beat Sri Lanka by 23 runs in their match of the Asia Cup T20 tournament. Score Bangla Desh: 147/7 Sri Lanka: 124/8 in 15.3 Overs.
- Manchester City F.C. beat Liverpool F.C. 3-1 on penalties at Wembley Stadium to win the 2015–16 Football League Cup.
- Stanislas Wawrinka beat Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis 6-4, 7-6(13) to secure the Dubai Duty Free Championship.
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- Twitter is set to roll out a refreshed design to its timeline display on March 3. With this change, people can start embedding profiles, lists, collections and more with the new embedded timeline.