3rd FEB-National, International and Sports News Round-up
Editorial Team 03-02-2016
- India's first Ayurvedic anti-diabetic drug, BGR-34, launched by Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
- Bharat Biotech unveiled first vaccine candidate Zikavac for Zika Virus
- India to participate in Cobra Gold 2016 annual amphibious military exercise in Thailand
- Manipuri documentary film Phum-Shang on 3 February 2016 bagged the prestigious Golden Conch Award for the best documentary film at the 14th Mumbai International Film Festival for Documentary, Animation and Short Films (MIFF 2016).
- Sarangi maestro Pandit Ram Narayan selected for Bhimsen Joshi Award for 2015-16.
- Former Lok Sabha Speaker Balram Jakhar passed away on 3 February 2016 in New Delhi. He was 92.
- The Syrian Army and its allies break a three-year rebel siege of two Shi’ite towns in northwest Syria, Nubl and Al-Zahraa.
- Julian Assange: WikiLeaks Founder Says He'll 'Accept Arrest' if UN Rules He Was Detained Lawfully.
- John Bingham, 7th Earl of Lucan, wanted for murder since 1974, is officially declared dead so that his son can inherit the title.
- Voters in Ireland will go to the polls on February 26 after the President dissolves the current Dail or parliament
- Kiwis beat Australia by 159 runs in the 1st ODI .Scores: New Zealand-307/8, Australia: 148 All out.
- England defeated South Africa by 39 runs(Duckworth Lewis method).Scores England: 399/9, SA 250/5(33.3 Overs)
ECONOMY & BUSINESS
- India's top multinational IT company Tata Consultancy Services has been rated as the world's most powerful brand in Information Technology Services by a leading global brand valuation firm, the company said on Wednesday.
- Former RBI deputy governor S.S. Tarapore dies at 80
- Toyota unveils the stunning Next-Gen Innova Crysta.
- Honda cars India on Wednesday unveiled its seven-seater crossover utility vehicle 'BR-V' which has been exclusively developed for the Asian markets including India.
- Korean auto major Hyundai on Wednesday unveiled sports utility vehicle 'Tucson' in India as it eyes a bigger play in the fast growing segment.