9 Yoga Poses to Get Rid of Sagging Back
Jenny Sugar/Popsugar: 22-08-2015
- Begin in Downward Facing Dog. Step both feet together so your big toes are touching. Move your right hand over to the left so it's at the top center of your mat.
- Roll over to your right side and plant your right heel down, balancing on the outside edge of your right flexed foot. Reach your left arm straight above you or extend it over your ear.
- Stay here in Side Plank for five deep breaths, trying to keep your core strong and the pose steady. Repeat this pose on the left side.
- Lie flat on your stomach, pressing your belly button into the floor. Bend your knees and reach for the outside edge of your right ankle, and then your left.
- Once you have a firm hold of each ankle, try to keep your toes together, either pointing or flexing your feet. Inhale to lift your feet and thighs up as high as you can, and shift your weight forward so that you're resting on your navel instead of on your pubic bone.
- Hold Bow Pose for five deep breaths.
- Lie on your belly with your legs together. Place your arms by your sides so your palms are facing up. As you inhale, lift your legs, head, and upper body off the floor. Your hands remain on the floor for support.
- As you breathe, try to relax your shoulders and the muscles in your booty. Extend the crown of your head away from your toes, lengthening as much as you can through your spine.
- Stay in Locust Pose for five breaths, and then release back to the mat.
- Lie on your back, bend your knees, and place your feet flat on the ground (heels as close as possible to your booty). Bend your elbows and place your palms flat on the ground above your shoulders, fingertips facing your feet.
- Inhale, press into your palms, and lift your head, shoulders, and hips off the ground, holding Wheel Pose for five deep breaths.