Mexican Hot Chocolate Energy Bites
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 6 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 teaspoon ghee or coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- Generous pinch each of cayenne, black pepper and paprika
- 2 teaspoon maple syrup
1. Blend walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds until they begin to form a nut butter paste, then add in other ingredients and process until well combined.
2. Press into balls in the palm of your hand, then roll to finish. Top with additional cinnamon and cayenne if desired. They will keep for 4-5 days at room temperature.