Recipe For Glowing Skin: Coconut Yogurt + Mango Lassi With Turmeric
Ingredients for coconut yogurt
- 2 cups young coconut meat (if frozen, thawed)
- 1/2 teaspoon probiotic powder
- Water, if needed to blend
Ingredients for mango lassi
- 1/2 cup coconut yogurt
- 2 cups coconut water
- 1/2 cup diced mango, fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon turmeric juice
- Pinch of ground cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon raw honey or coconut nectar (optional)
- 1 tablespoon rose water (optional)
1. For the coconut yogurt, blend coconut meat until smooth. Stir in probiotic powder.
2. Place in a covered bowl in a dehydrator at 100 degrees for 8–10 hours, or ferment at room temperature for up to 12 hours. The yogurt needs to be in a warm place with good airflow. Depending on the quality and strength of your chosen probiotic, the fermentation time may vary. Look for a creamy, tangy flavor. Once fermented, stir well. Coconut yogurt lasts in the refrigerator for up to one week.
3. For the mango lassi, combine all ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy.