Edureka's Continuous Integration with Jenkins course will introduce the participants to Jenkins OSS. Developers will learn the Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment concepts and processes specific to Jenkins. This course will cover all the Components and Plugins used in Jenkins.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
1. Understand the Continuous Integration/Delivery concepts and Build Pipelines
2. Configure and build basic Tools/Plugins
3. Use Jenkins to set up Build Pipelines
4. Perform Unit and Integration testing with Jenkins
5. Administer Jenkins by performing Backups/Restores
6. Understand the Master/Slave Topologies
7. Build and deploy simple applications to Tomcat 7 containers
At the end of the course, you will have to Clone 2 projects from GitHub. You will have to do the following:
1. Modify the source code for Project 1, perform automated tests, Build Reports and deploy the JAR file to an Artifactory server
2. Modify source code for Project 2, perform automated test, Build Reports and deploy WAR file to Tomcat 7
Why learn Jenkins?
DevOps is the new buzz in the IT Industry. Companies that have adopted DevOps are more reliable as their continuous delivery adds value to the business besides cutting down on failure/timely costs. Jenkins is the leading CI solution that is extremely flexible and powerful. As a continuous Integration/Build solution, Jenkins helps in cutting down costs by enabling teams to automate their build and release processes. As a Jenkins Developer, you will have a head start into getting into the DevOps domain and thus contribute directly to your organization's bottom line.
Edureka is a live and interactive e-learning platform that is revolutionizing professional online education. Edureka offers instructor-led courses supported by online resources, along with 24/7 on-demand support. It gives professionals the flexibility to learn at their own time and location, even from their mobile devices. Edureka also provides real-life project scenarios designed and evaluated by industry experts. With its innovative course delivery backed by industry-renowned practitioners, Edureka has helped more than 250,000 professionals upgrade their skills across 80+ specially designed courses. From its inception in 2011, more than 50,000 hours of classes have been delivered on the Edureka platform. Professionals and practitioners from more than 150 countries constantly engage on the Edureka platform and each Edureka course is tailored to address industry challenges, domain changes and latest trends. Edureka is committed to arming professional learners with the right resources to excel in their careers. With a customer-first approach, Edureka focuses on the long term career aspirations of learners and safeguards them against technology changes. The Edureka family prioritizes learners’ career growth above all else, and a flat hierarchy ensures healthy collaboration with transparency and positivity. Edureka offers courses in the areas of Big Data, Programming, Professional Certifications and Marketing.
The course is designed for all those who want to master Jenkins. The following professionals can go for this course:
1. Agile Managers leading an Agile team wanting to understand concepts like Continuous Integration/Delivery
2. Individual Contributors in the field of DevOps
3. Developers/Administrators who want to gain acceleration in their careers as "Jenkins Developer"
Pre-requisites for this Course
The pre-requisites for this course include Intermediate scripting knowledge in Windows and knowledge of basic testing frameworks like JUNIT or TestNG. Knowledge of Maven/Ant is beneficial but not mandatory. Some awareness of Server topologies and Release management is recommended, but not mandatory.
- Online Query Support
- Online Tests
- Telephonic Query Support
- Video Classes
- Study Content
- Class Hand Outs